Week of May 9 - Final Week!

Re: Week of May 9 - Final Week!

Postby NotthePatientOne » Wed May 11, 2011 3:59 pm

I heard somewhere that the lower seeds were going to get the home field for the first round (was not fair to travel to get killed). I guess I heard wrong
NotthePatientOne
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby maxlax » Wed May 11, 2011 4:02 pm

If that is true that wouldn't make much sence because then you instead of rewarding the higher ranked team, it is almost like you are punishing them.
maxlax
2nd Line
2nd Line

Postby CaliTiger83 » Wed May 11, 2011 8:43 pm

I agree that the AV and Foothill game should a good one. Considering how both teams are playing late in the season, I would give the edge to AV at home. I hope someone will post a score and recap.

I think the CHS v. Cal game will be a good one too. Cal matches up well with team speed and they played CHS close for a while in their last meeting. I think AV, so far, has played the most complete game against CHS in their last game. No to take away the AV effort, but they were able to seize upon a momentum change and hold on to it after CHS went up 8-2 and began a massive sub of the starters. AV never let up and fought back to a 8-6 halftime score, with the last score coming at the buzzer the half. They carried that momentum into the second half and scored the first goal of the half to make it 8-7. They controlled the ground balls and draws before eventually CHS starts regained the momentum.

There were several good defensive stands and goalie saves by both teams. Some of the saves appeared to be certain scores sure, but alas, they didn't go in! I thought both teams played good transition defense and limited the number of "fast" breaks as well as checking of sticks.

If AV carries that type of team play over into the Foothill game, then I think they win at home. They did a good job of moving the ball around and were patient in not forcing their shots on goal. Good luck to both teams on finishing out the EBAL season strong.

Now Cal? They are fast and good and I'm sure they will play to win! All the teams want to finish strong going into NCS.
CaliTiger83
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby parent2013 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:22 pm

NotthePatientOne wrote:Which real college coaching for the class of 2013?

Well that core group of 2013's are getting anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks worth of D1 college coaching this summer and they start in June, not counting BearLax.

BearLax is now full time for T. Sherry and she has reinvented the program to be much more intense in terms of tempo, conditioning and skills. For July tournaments, the 2013's spend two weeks on the east coast for back to back tournaments with daily practices in between. Yeah they will be much better trained for next season.
parent2013
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby NotthePatientOne » Thu May 12, 2011 4:32 pm

parent2013 wrote:
Well that core group of 2013's are getting anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks worth of D1 college coaching this summer and they start in June, not counting BearLax.

BearLax is now full time for T. Sherry and she has reinvented the program to be much more intense in terms of tempo, conditioning and skills. For July tournaments, the 2013's spend two weeks on the east coast for back to back tournaments with daily practices in between. Yeah they will be much better trained for next season.

I guess I was wondering more so the stuff that is outside Bearlax. Is it a Carondelet thing or part of the 2013 BearLax? I know BearLax has local events in June and VA and MA in July
NotthePatientOne
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby parent2013 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:26 pm

NotthePatientOne wrote:
parent2013 wrote:
I guess I was wondering more so the stuff that is outside Bearlax. Is it a Carondelet thing or part of the 2013 BearLax? I know BearLax has local events in June and VA and MA in July

Kind of a Carondelet thing for one camp in Virginia and a T Sherry camp with lots of West Coast D1-D3 coaches attending for the other one.
The Virginia camp is run by the HC of Notre Dame and other HC's. That Virginia camp is at triplethreatlaxcamp.com and I hear its a beast.
parent2013
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby maxlax » Fri May 13, 2011 9:06 pm

cal 12, CHS 17 close game
maxlax
2nd Line
2nd Line

Postby laxtree » Fri May 13, 2011 10:50 pm

hmmmm - a loss by 5 goals is defined as "close" - when that differential is about 50% of team's total goals scored (12).

We must have different definitions of what "close" means.

But....it is closer than the 9 to 20 previous game score of these teams
laxtree
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby CaliTiger83 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:49 pm

CHS v. Cal was a good one. It was closer than d the first one, but didn't have the same momentum swing as the Amador game against CHS. I thought the team speed of Cal matched up better than the other the teams that CHS played.

With the overall improved play of the EBAL teams, it should make for an interesting NCS playoff.

What was the score of the Amador v. Foothill game?
CaliTiger83
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby laxdad2012 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:57 pm

Foothill 11, Amador 7. Good first half. At halftime Amador was up 6-5. But Foothill won the second half 6-1 to pull away. The refs were letting them play and at times it got a bit rough. The Foothill goalie played well at the end. Foothill just had their number this year. They may meet again in the playoffs.
laxdad2012
1st Line
1st Line

PreviousNext

Return to Women's High School