Thoughts on goalies so far

Thoughts on goalies so far

Postby maxlax » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:21 pm

So there has been alot of talk on goalies from each team. I was wondering how people feel about the goalies, how they are playing, any suprises, and how they are ranked.
maxlax
2nd Line
2nd Line

Re: Thoughts on goalies so far

Postby maxlax » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:37 pm

right now a couple goalies have impressed me cal high's goalie: Bach, San Ramon valley's goalie: Corstorthine, and granada's goalie: McCallister. Tell me what you think.
maxlax
2nd Line
2nd Line

Postby laxadaisical » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:18 pm

I'll tread lightly with goalies in terms of criticism, since it's a little different than criticizing a whole team. But I would say there's no clear standout that I've seen this year. More new faces than ever. Those teams that have even average goalies are benefitting more than in the past.
laxadaisical
All Star
All Star

Postby maxlax » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:22 pm

yeah I somewhat agree :)
maxlax
2nd Line
2nd Line

Postby FHSrent » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:22 am

Corstorphine is my pick for top goalie in the league, and Granada's goalie is Allie Davis (McCallister? hmmm... a kid on the team, but not the goalie) and I think she runs a close second. She's just a junior, though, so more will be revealed.

Amador has 2 very good young goalies. IT's a rough year for them, but those 2 are pretty darn talented.

I thought the MV goalie was amazing against FHS in that game a few weeks ago.

There are alot of young goalies this year. It's the hardest position to play. Criticisms of goalies, yeah, I keep them to myself....
I could not do their job.
FHSrent
1st Line
1st Line

Postby CaliTiger83 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:08 am

I think the Carondelet goalie is among the best and I was impressed with the Cal goalie too. I've had the opportunity to watch the Carondelet goalie play all games. It should be noted that the Coach tries to play all players and rotates in the alternate goalie in the game, so the final scores of the game are a combination of both goalies' play. Needless to say, it is tough to step in during mid play and get into the flow of the game without giving up a few goals. Having said that, I've seen some amazing saves by the starter that one would have thought would have been certain scores. Granted, a well playing Carondelet defense helps out the situation.
Last edited by CaliTiger83 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaliTiger83
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby FHSrent » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:23 pm

CHS is just good all around. SO; funny, your comments, DUDE: you are a CHS parent! I love your support1

Let's face it, when you have team like GHS or SRVHS in front of you, playing goalie is a lot harder than if you have CHS or CAL... so just see that as input...

AND: No matter who they are, they have alot to love up to if they want to be compared to Federighi or Tucker from last year.

Still: Goaiie is the hardest position there is, and they ARE ALL GREAT , even if just for playing the position...
FHSrent
1st Line
1st Line

Postby CaliTiger83 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:04 pm

I don't disagree with you. I is a tough position to play, especially if you don't have any help!
CaliTiger83
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby NotthePatientOne » Mon May 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Is this for EBAL only? I have not watched enough games but I thought Acalanes goalie was pretty good.

I have only seen a few EBAL games. The one who played well, I thought, was Davis in her second game against Amador (at least in the first half). Agressive and cleared pretty good. A vast improvement from the first game.

Is winning a good sign of a good goalie? I have seen two games won by goalies where the winning goalies have some saves: 2 out of 14 and 2 out of 10. They get the win, does their record get them more hype?
Last edited by NotthePatientOne on Tue May 03, 2011 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
NotthePatientOne
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby FHSrent » Mon May 02, 2011 9:57 pm

Can I be honest with my input here and not get screamed at? Amy Corstorphine is the best goalie I have seen this year, SRV... see their record. :(
Allison Davis, very good too: GHS. Record :(
FHSrent
1st Line
1st Line

Next

Return to Women's High School